Friday, July 17, 2015

HodgePodge Vacay Part 2

The vacay continues...

Day 4: I finally let the boys get a coconut drink, which they thought was the coolest thing ever! 

We ran out of spray-on sunscreen the previous day, so we used an SPF 50 lotion and ended up getting sunburnt! Swearing off the rub-on stuff for forever, we headed to Wal-Mart for some more spray-on and beach toys. The boys were so excited to get new bodyboards and snorkel gear!

We spent the evening on the beach and then in the hot tub. (Brandon and I spent about two minutes alone before the boys decided to join us...Seriously?!?!?) Anyways, we ended up with a major disappointment when we realized Mason's board got stolen from the chair where we left it. I tried really hard not to fume...really I tried...

Day 5: Being our last day, we decided to make the most of it by getting out early and staying out late. Mason opted for early morning fishing (of course), and since there was a red flag for the ocean, Brady opted for the pool.

It was super hot, and I had to hit the shade for a break. One highlight for me was completing my novel; I'm a slow reader. We went to town for supper, and then stayed in the pool and hot tub til late evening.

As with all vacations, not everything was perfect; there were moments of boys fussing, snacks spilling, waiting in hot lines at restaurants, swallowing saltwater, and feet burning on the pavement. But all-in-all, it was a fun and relaxing time spent with my three favorite people! I can't wait to go back!



1 comment:

  1. I know there are people all up in arms about spray on sunscreen these days, but I'm with you--it just works better! Maybe because it's so sticky it stays put better. Either way, I'm a believer.

    ReplyDelete